donderdag 30 augustus 2012

Introduction

(August 23rd, 2012.)

Where it started I can't really recall, but over the years I've contracted an obsession for armed conflict. For instance, a theatre of the Second World War I find most intriguing is North Africa's Sahara desert. When in the film Lawrence of Arabia (1962) T.E. Lawrence is asked what, regarding the desert, he is personally attracted by he answers that 'it's clean'. Whilst I know it's a romanticized movie, not set in the complete same war and desert, the quote possesses a certain truth in my opinion. As said in the 1973/74 documentary The World at War, the desert seemed to be 'made for war', for there were no Jews to exterminate and hardly any citizens to bother during the fighting. It was a 'clean' war that only involved the Axis and Allied armies - killing one another.
Afrikafeldzug (1940-1943)
This video was made by HCTerrorist, who claims none of his vids are political.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten